Tuesday, December 15, 2009

mele kalikimaka all over again

The past few days' highlights outside of work:
- Painted a picture (watercolor)
- Sewed up my holey clothes
- Saw the Fantastic Mr. Fox (so good!)
- Learned how to play Stand By Me on my (Value Village) Casio
- Caught up with my parents on the phone, who relayed stories about the Cutest One Year Old Ever and their own lives. I'm excited to be seeing them in a week when I'm home for Christmas.
- Watched White Christmas with my roommate (I'd never seen it before!)
- Watched Christmas Vacation with my roommates (I've seen it so many times!) and drank soy nog.

I really love this time of year, except for the small feeling of anxiousness I get when I feel pressured and completely unsure about what to give the people I love for Christmas. (I prefer buying things when I think of them and giving for no real reason - no one is ever disappointed!) When shopping for gifts for my family, I've found it harder to buy for the men in my life. I've been thinking about getting my dad a subscription to a magazine. He's a lot like me (or, well, I'm a lot like him) as far as our values, points of view and senses of humor are concerned. The only magazine I've ever had a subscription to is ReadyMade, which isn't really his cup of tea. I think diy things aren't far off from his jam, but more handyman kind of stuff and less designy. I'd appreciate any ideas you might have.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers