Thursday, November 19, 2009

Quite hopefully


It's chilly and drizzly outside today and I'm grateful to have only had to be in orientation for half of the day today. I got my work plan for when I start at the clinic and am sufficiently intimidated. But I also got a sweatshirt! So that's exciting, right?

There are some ironies that come with serving in this capacity that are kind of hard to swallow. For instance, to start working in the clinic I have to get a TB test and a physical - costing approximately $120 which is indeed covered by my insurance provided to me, but I have to pay up front and then be reimbursed. With a stipend that barely covers my rent and utilities, I'm unsure how they expect that to happen. I'm also supposed to prove that I have either had the chicken pox vaccine or the disease itself. I thought about sending the picture of 4-year-old Emily, blond hair in a ponytail wearing only underwear and tons of calamine lotion. Or maybe just showing them the scar on my forehead? Needless to say, I felt a little frustrated that they waited until today, four days in, to tell me that these things were required. Oh well!

My next adventure is going to be applying for food stamps. Adventure!

Oh, and I wanted to share with you the song for which this blog is named. Julie Doiron - The Life of Dreams

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers