Thursday, April 15, 2010

on the vegan side of things...

Things are going pretty well for this VegHead. This week I rode the freegan wave and ended up with a headache and a confused stomach, so I think that's my sign to take an extra 5 minutes the mornings of my trainings to make a PB&J. Speaking of, how did I forget how amazing PB&Js are??? So delicious, especially on toasted bread. I'm also really baffled about why anyone would get the no-stir peanut butter, because obviously stirring the PB is the BEST PART. So satisfying.

When I discussed this on Saturday with JD we talked about our favorite J - mine is currently a no-sugar-added strawberry jam which is great. I like bananas too. What's your favorite PB accompaniment?

Speaking of freeganism, tomorrow night I'm going with coworkers to a celebratory dinner in honor of our completion of the office's Biggest Loser challenge. Where's the extravaganza? Olive Garden. On the real! In this great big city with all the places you could ever want! Bah! I've been doing a bit of research this evening and totally coming up short on what I'm going to eat, as it seems that most if not all of their pastas are made with egg. This is confusing to me, just like nonfat milk in bread and casein in rice "cheese". WTF, Y'ALL.

While we're talking vegetables, I am also really pumped about getting a regular volunteer position at the Washington Youth Garden as their volunteer coordinator. I don't get paid, but will be able to reap the benefits of harvest season. I've been out there twice now, round three coming up this Saturday. Farm girl, usin' her head (and hands and thumbs and muscles!) I'm just so thankful for a reason to get up early and be outside on Saturday mornings. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers