Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Sarah Palin left the national stage just as she entered it: as if she were narrating her own acid trip.

Please stop what you are doing and go make that queso. You won't regret it!
I replaced the canned tomato&chilies with one fresh chopped mater and some cayenne.

Our other components in vegan taco night included Fantastic Foods Taco Filling, Tofutti Better than Sour Cream, leafy greens, tomatillo salsa and homemade guacamole. While living with Ben Fowler I learned to make guac like I did tonight, which had two avocados, a half of a tomato, a clove or two of garlic, about 1/4 cup of red onion, lime juice, cayenne pepper and salt. It's good, but I'm open to new recipes if you know of a better way to make it.

While cooking I listened to the newest episode of Wait Wait... Don't Tell Me. I'm a relatively new listener of Wait Wait but I adore it! I'm a sucker for topical humor. It's honestly hard for me to listen to it when I'm riding the bus or metro because I'm not very good at keeping my laughter held in. I was really sad when I learned that Carl Kasell was retiring from NPR's Morning Edition (I got into the habit of waking up to it before going into Finch's starting in like July) but I'm glad he's staying on board with this show. I mean, his impression of Sarah Palin on this episode was priceless.

With our dinner tonight Rachael and I watched 500 Days of Summer and were joined by my other roomies. I was the only sucker who shed a tear. I mean, I'm hopeless. It is a heartbreaking movie. I even knew what was coming this time but I still hurt so bad for that character and NOT just because he's adorable, fragile, and artsy. They targeted me as the type of person who would watch this movie multiple times (20-something romantic [with good taste in music] who has been in True Love and then truly fell right on out with lots of scraped knees and elbows) and they got me. Ooh, they got me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers